June 28, 2010

Podcasting...Can you hear me now?

A Web 2.0 technology that allows students to communicate through an audio file is called podcasting.

Podcasting is an online audio broadcasting tool. The audio is recorded using a microphone, telephone speaker, or text tool. Some audio sharing websites requires you to download audio editing tools. Other websites will allow you to record and save the recordings for future use.

Podcasting is a great tool to use in the classroom:
  • It allows students to enhance their listening and speaking skills. 
  • Students can be creative and change their volume, pitch, and tone using the audio tools. 
  • Students can conduct interviews, listen to audio in other languages, or create audio files to narrate stories.

Using this website, http://www.audiopal.com/index.html, I produced a podcast below explaining its' features.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to hear your voice on the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can hear my voice on a math podcast that I created using the website: www.blabberize.com.

    ReplyDelete