June 28, 2010

Collaborate...Draw with me....Scriblink

Web 2.0 collaboration tools allows people to interact with each other without being in the same location. An example of a collaboration tool is the online whiteboard.

In the classroom, students have an opportunity to share their ideas and viewpoints with other classmates. The benefits of using online whiteboards to share ideas in the classroom are:
  • Students can create and edit pictures
  • Students can connect with other students around the world
  • Students can discuss their creation in a secure chat area
  • Students can save their work for later use
  • Students can print their work to share with others

Most online whiteboards are free to use and does not require registration because they are web based. The features varies on each type of whiteboard program, however, the common features allows you to draw or write to communicate ideas.

Using the website below, http://www.scriblink.com, students can organize and brainstorm ideas. The drawing tools includes a writing tool, a math equation tool, and shapes tool. Students share their links with other students and then save, print, or email their work. This website is great because the link takes you directly to the webpage. Also, there are no ads to distract students.The only resource you need is a computer. During the collaboration time, students can use the chat area to discuss ideas. This website would be useful in all subjects. I will share examples in a future post.

1 comment:

  1. I played with this a little bit by using two different browsers (I had Firefox and Safari open) so I could pretend to interact. It is very neat. The one difficulty I had was with equations. Once I put an equation up using the equation editor, I was unable to delete it unless I deleted it right away. Clearing the screen, wiped out everything except the equation.

    ReplyDelete