SURPRISE: Diigo just changed their homepage.
- The educator's sign up is a link at the top of the page now and there are less advertisements on the page. It's amazing how fast technology can change or be updated.
- Today, I tried to revisit the links I created, however, you cannot see the annotated view. These features may have been affected since the website has changed. Therefore, it is always important to visit and revisit any links you create to see if they still work.
- The pages are still bookmarked in an organized fashion, however, the sections that I wanted to emphasize are no longer highlighted.
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI checked out Diigo and I love it. I am going to use it as part of my Critical Informational Literacy lesson. I put post it notes on the pages to help the students identify where they should look to find information about the author and the source. This is a great tool for scaffolding lessons to meet the needs of students. Eventually I am going to take the post-its and highlighted pieces of information away. However, I think it fits for the first time they are examining a web site on their own. What a great resource! I know I will be telling the faculty at my school about this one!
Technology is amazing and this is a great tool to use in the class to differentiate a lesson. You can emphasize different sections on a webpage using the highlighter feature for your struggling learners or you can give your advanced learners the annotated view, however, you can post questions for students to answer.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I rechecked the annotated links that I created and they ARE WORKING.