Using the Social Bookmarking site, I was able to create links to webpages that uses some of the website's features:
- The link that I created will take you to an example of an Annotated Webpage. The highlighted section in green explains how social bookmarking can be used in an English classroom. The sections highlighted in yellow is another reader who left comments about social bookmarking. This webpage shows different viewpoints of a webpage. Several readers can highlight or leave comments for other readers on the same webpage if they make annotated comments public.
- This link I created called teacher accounts explains how to create a teacher's account on the diigo website. It also discusses the features of the diigo website. Since there are many advertisements on the page, I highlighted the sections that are the steps needed to create the teacher's account.
- Lastly, this is how the website groups would look if you visited the page. I labeled the above webpages into a group called Diigo. This way you can see the webpages I referenced in an organized list: http://www.diigo.com/list?token=214d652fe8e0d2fd0be1b623ae674c2a
- Another website that gives directions on how to set up a teacher's account on the diigo website is: http://digitallyspeaking.pbworks.com/f/Handout_DiigoDirectionsTeachers.pdf. Since this is a pdf file, it could not be annotated and bookmarked.
This is very cool. It raises up social bookmarking to a new level. Traditional social bookmarking is all about pointing others to your favorite Web sites. This adds the annotation feature, which makes it even more valuable, especially in the classroom. Sometimes, we want our students to look for the information themselves, but other times, we want to point out exactly what we want them to find and maybe even add our own notes.
ReplyDeleteThe first two links will take you to articles related to social bookmarking, however, you cannot see the annotated view. Read about why in my post called, "Discovery Diigo Cont..."
ReplyDelete